Cost-Effective upgrades for Booms
technology upgrades:• Facelift of the physical environment • Ergonomic reasons, make it more practical • Smaller footprint / lower space requirements • Change in purpose/new techniques • Changes in services • Aging of supply lines (hoses) • OSHPD • No construction time • Very cost-effective method • Swapping out of existing service heads • Minimal OR down time
Medicana's advanced FlexePort iBox equipment managers can be adapted to existing booms, instantly updating the look and functionality of the clinical space. No construction work is involved since the existing (durable) boom suspension remains. This FlexePort upgrade requires practically no room down time.
- Bringing functionality to a new level:
- The concepts of easy access and clutter management have been rethought with the iBox, Medicana's 3rd generation equipment manager. By creating distinct work zones, services are separated from quick-access work tools.
- Efficiency is improved thanks to the curved panel design of the iBox, decreasing interference between devices
- Ease of use: Medicana's innovative directional adapters allow for easy positioning and quick relocating of rail-mounted accessories to create an adaptable cockpit effect.
- Value and performance:
- Integrated heavy-duty rails compatible with all monitor arms
- Dedicated easy-access service positions on backbone for shelf-mounted equipment improve biomed accessibility and cable management.
- Saving valuable space: Caregivers benefit from more functional space on a daily basis. Thanks to recessed shelving on the iBox equipment manager, the equipment's footprint is reduced.
- Unique design focused on strain prevention reduces the risk of work-related injuries by making services easy to reach without strain. By placing all services and accessories in a “sweet spot”, this unique design prevents repeated stooping and over-reaching by clinical staff.